Monday, January 2, 2017

“Ron Padgett”

The name ”Ron Padgett” seems to be everywhere these days, or at least in many places, and also now in this post. Padgett is the writer whose poems appear in Jim Jarmusch’s new film Paterson.

Here (from the website Ron Padgett) is an introduction to Padgett’s work: “Ron Padgett,” an essay that I wrote for World Poets (New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 2000), a three-volume reference work edited by Padgett. The essay is meant for students, but it’s good, I think, for all ages.

And here are three more posts that contain the name “Ron Padgett.”

comments: 2

Chris said...

Micheal, you might enjoy this Padgett broadside I picked up a few years back:

http://dreamersrise.blogspot.com/2013/10/ron-padgett-scotch-tape-body.html

Michael Leddy said...

Neat. I have a lot of RP, but I hadn’t seen that.