Wednesday, November 30, 2016

NO TODO ESTÁ PERDIDO

We went to a tiny Mexican restaurant for lunch — six stools, one table, one man doing everything. Our food was spectacular. A television attached to the wall played news in Spanish. A segment about the United States’ president-elect focused on his threats/promises regarding immigrants and the various obstacles in his way. I was surprised at how much I could understand.

These words on the screen, in large sans-serif capitals, stuck with me: NO TODO ESTÁ PERDIDO. All is not lost. I like that idea.

comments: 2

The Arthurian said...

"All is not lost."

I saw this the other day as somebody's tag line:

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
(attributed to John Lennon)

Michael Leddy said...

An art-supply store I know has had a sign in its window for many years: “Everything will be okay.”

I wonder if John meant (if he did say that) that if it’s not okay, then there’s unfinished business, something still to do.