Tuesday, December 16, 2014

“Some nests”


[Click for a larger view.]

I was of “some minds,”
Like a tree
In which there are “some nests.”

Wallace Stevens, from an unpublished poem, “‘Some Ways’ of Looking at Ernie Bushmiller.”
No filter on this photograph. It’s a bleakly beautiful day. Black tree, white sky, and “some nests.” For a partial explanation, see here.

Related reading
All OCA “some” posts (Pinboard)

comments: 6

The Crow said...

Ha! A squirrel apartment building - cool!

Michael Leddy said...

They’re saying that the building might be going condo — uh oh.

I have squirrels on my mind. Stay tuned. : )

The Crow said...

Squirrels on your mind trumps bats in your belfry any day. :)

Michael Leddy said...

Not to mention bees in your bonnet. : )

The Crow said...

...and ants in your pants. :)

(Don't rush me, I'm thinking...)

While my feeble brain is trying to recall other phrases along these lines, what's with the squirrels?

Michael Leddy said...

I’ve been reading a bit about them. Plus, they’re so cute!