Friday, May 16, 2008

Phishing

[Click for larger version.]

Yahoo's spam filters are letting just a few of these e-mails through. I hope that human readers are not as easily fooled. This pitch strongly resembles one that I received last month. Two new details that amuse me here: "either one" (of three!) and "We demand." And "Internet Banking Holder," whatever it might mean, is a phrase that it seems only phishers use.

I'm not easily fooled, but I'm easily entertained.

comments: 1

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I caught the "we demand" as well. Ordinarily it would be, "We therefore request," or something.
Actually when Wachovia was started I thought it was a joke "Watch -over-ya" and was offended when I realized that this was modern marketing, which tends to treat the public as a moron. Personally I like banks in the hometown where I can speak to a human, but that's not very common.

FWIW/ I did a few years get a transatlantic dunning message from a Brit Bank. They have extensive use of Direct debit there and a realtor kept charging my account rent after I had left the country. Suffice to say it would cost more to get justice then to pay the money, but in the interim the bank sent notice of no less then three agencies which apparently were going to beat my doors down and drag me off, Having worked online and in computers for most of my life I don't trust them as far as I can spit.